Ann Swann was born in the small West Texas town of Lamesa. She grew up much like Stevie-girl in The Phantoms series, though she never got up the nerve to enter the haunted house.
Ann has done everything from answering 911 Emergency calls to teaching elementary school. She lives in Texas with her husband, Dude, a rescue cat named Oscar, and a part-time box turtle named Piggy.
When she’s not writing, Ann is reading. Her to-be-read list has grown so large it has taken on a life of its own. She calls it Herman.
Stutter Creek (book one) is a romance, brilliantly hidden within a suspense-filled tale of a psychotic serial killer with a chip on his shoulder. It is also a classic tale of young love lost, and a life of regrettable what-ifs.
Top Ten List:
Fun Funny Stupid Facts
1. I know several people with the same name … Ann Swann
2. I once had a dog named Snake. He is one of the heroes of my novel, TAKERS.
3. I can wiggle my ears.
4. I have a silly nickname given me by my Grandpa–no, I won’t tell you what it is.
5. The first time I attended a Writer’s Workshop, my short story won first place and caught the eye of a literary agent. She told me to call her when my novel was complete.
6. By the time my novel was finished, I’d lost the agent’s business card and couldn’t contact her. =(
7. I learned to drive a stick-shift Jeep when I married my second husband. Just like in my novel, ALL FOR LOVE. Go figure!
8. When it comes to the business of writing, I seem to do everything WRONG!
9. I am a caregiver for a man named Bull. I’ll be blogging about it, soon.
10. I once had an Appaloosa mare named Freckles. She was the sweetest horse ever!