About the Book
In this profound introduction to conscious entrepreneurship, author and business coach Laura C. Cannon teaches you how to harness your unique gifts and the power of your own consciousness to maximize your satisfaction – and deepen your enjoyment – of your business and your life. Grounded in research from the fields of modern psychology, eastern philosophy, and personal development, this book explains six core principles necessary for radical, transformational change – personally and professionally.
By teaching you to use your business as the vehicle for your personal growth, The Conscious Entrepreneur delivers timeless wisdom and practical exercises to help you think, act, and live the path to your highest potential – without adding to your already-packed schedule. Forget work-life balance, get ready to shift into work-life integration for more happiness, stronger relationships, and a higher return on your investment in every sense of the word.
Get Laura C. Cannon’s free new video and workbook.
About the Author
The past fifteen years of Laura’s life have been a period of deep self-exploration, teaching, healing, and love that has involved apprenticing and studying with spiritual teachers, ministers, healers, and shamans from across the globe. At the same time, she has been balancing her spiritual practice with a busy and successful professional life including entrepreneurship, leadership training, and professional public speaking. Laura currently owns several businesses, including Ceremony Officiants™, one of the largest and most successful wedding officiant companies in the United States. She is also the founding president of the International Association of Professional Wedding Officiants.
Ordained as a non-denominational minister in 2003, Laura has been ministering and coaching individuals and couples for over a decade. She holds a B.S. from Towson University and an M.A. in Human Sciences from Hood College with a specialization in Thanatology and Grief Counseling. A lover of all things that blend the practical and the spiritual, Laura is also a 200hr RYT yoga instructor and meditation teacher. Learn more at Laura C Cannon and Conscious Entrepreneur Book.
How to Be a Conscious Writer
What does it mean to be a conscious writer? A conscious writer is someone who cultivates self-awareness, is concerned with the impact of their work on people and the environment, strives to continually work on their personal growth and works on attempting their full potential.
Five Ways to Be More Conscious
1. Cultivate the awareness that you and your writing are one. Strive to view life from the perspective that all is one and everything is connected. That means that boundaries and separation simply don’t exist – the things you create and the one who created them are parts of the same thing. Once your realize this you’ll understand that, everything you do to improve yourself will also improve your writing.
2. Remember that even if you are self-aware and awakened to your full potential, life will always present you with new lessons that require you to practice applying the wisdom you’ve learned along the way. By viewing challenging circumstances as opportunities for growth (as opposed to “problems”) you’ll find it easier to handle whatever life throws your way.
3. Be aware of how your writing affects others. Take delight in the fact that you have provided readers with the opportunity to learn something new, feel something unfelt, or travel to worlds untraveled. Remember that even if someone dislikes your work, you have provided them with food for thought and a lesson for their own growth.
4. Invest in your education and self-improvement. Remember that everything you do to improve yourself is for the good of you and your writing. Invest in new books, take a class, practice meditation and yoga. Exercise both your mind and your body and your writing will improve.
5. Do your best to stay in the present moment. Don’t fret about past rejections and disappointments, and try not to worry about the undefined future. Accept that everything experienced is a lesson, and be aware of – and have gratitude for – this present moment. Life is filled with fleeting moments that are often missed. Pay attention and be here now.
To learn more about being a conscious writer and entrepreneur read The Conscious Entrepreneur – A Guest to Maximizing Your Potential for Success, Freedom, and Happiness by Laura C. Cannon.
Two winners will get a copy of The Conscious Entrepreneur and a $10 Amazon Gift Card
(Open to USA & CAN) Giveaway ends Aug 6, 2016